Effective Aug 14, 2019
EU — U.S./Switzerland-U.S. Privacy Shield & the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"):
- Information about the Privacy Shield Framework can be found at the U.S. Department of Commerce's Privacy Shield List. https://www.privacyshield.gov/list
- ShareUC complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
- ShareUC is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission regarding personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, ShareUC commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact ShareUC at:
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our third party dispute resolution provider, (our independent recourse mechanism), JAMS located in the United States and provided at no cost to you. More information can be found here.
If JAMS does not resolve the matter, you may be able to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted. For more information: Privacy Shield website.
- In addition, you can contact the European Data Supervisory Authority with supervision over ShareUC — The Ireland Data Protection Commissioner; Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington. R32 AP23. www.dataprotection.ie. For Swiss residents, you can contact the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner ("FDPIC").
- ShareUC commits to cooperate with EU data protection authorities ("DPA") and the FDPIC and comply with the advice given by such authorities with regard to human resources data transferred from the EU and Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship.
At the time you register for a ShareUC account, you will choose and provide us with an email address and password. When you upload Content, post a comment or message on the Site, provide information in connection with features such as fan clubs, wish lists, forums, member profiles, reviews and recommendations, your user name may be visible to other users.
You may provide us with certain personally identifiable information when you:
- register for a ShareUC account;
- order products or gift certificates;
- request customer support or send us any other communication;
- sign up for newsletters, email alerts, and special offers;
- enter sweepstakes or contests;
- sign up for, or redeem, special offers;
- respond to surveys; and
- use our Email-to-a-Friend or Refer-A-Friend features.
Personally identifiable information may include your name, email address, billing address, shipping address, and credit card number. You may also provide us with information about other people, such as their email addresses, if you email a product to a friend or refer a friend to the Site or our promotions.
If you are under 13, you may not use the Site.Information collected by Cookies:
A cookie is a small text file that our Site sends to your computer to allow the Site to store information that uniquely identifies our users. ShareUC's cookies do not collect or store personally identifiable information. Rather, the cookie stores a token that uniquely identifies a particular user at a particular time. That token is then linked to the user information in our secured databases. You can always delete the cookies and reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to display a message when a cookie is being sent. If you reset your browser, some of the Site features and functionality may not be available to you and you may not be able to take advantage of all the features on the Site.
We may work with other companies that place cookies or web beacons on our Site. We do not have access or control over these cookies. These companies help operate our websites and provide you with additional products and services. They are subject to confidentiality agreements with ShareUC and other legal restrictions. ShareUC does not permit any of these companies to collect personally identifiable information using cookies or web beacons on our Site. Certain functionalities related to the provision of additional products and services require marketers to share website usage information about visitors to the Site, who have received a targeted promotional campaign, with a reputable third-party advertising company for the purpose of targeting future campaigns and upgrading visitor information used in reporting statistics. To this end, ShareUC's third-party advertising company makes a note of some of the pages you visit on the Site through the use of pixel tags. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.Information collected by Web Beacons and Log Files:
ShareUC collects IP addresses and certain non-personally identifiable information through the use of web beacons and log files. Such information may include your browser type, Site usage, and whether you opened emails you received from us.Information collected through Product Reviews:
You may choose to submit a product review. If you post a review, we may ask for certain information to validate your review such as email address, photo, and your city/state/country of residence. If you submit a review, we may publish your geographic location or other anonymous information but your email address will be kept private. Additionally, any personally identifiable information that you submit as part of the review can be read or used by other visitors to the Site. We are not responsible for any personally identifiable information that you choose to submit as part of your review. We believe you can post a helpful review without disclosing any personally identifiable information. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at Law@ShareUC.com.How do we secure your information?
When you place orders or access your account information, we use commercially reasonable and generally-accepted technological safeguards to secure any information we collect about you. The transport layer security software ("TLS") we use encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. In addition, your ShareUC account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. You should always take steps to protect the confidentiality of the password you select. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
You may also choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Site because such information may be required in order for you to: register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our Site.
We work very hard to protect your privacy, but we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personally identifiable information or private communications will always remain private. While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee complete security.How do we use your information?
We use the personally identifiable information you provide to:
- provide the features and functionality of the Site;
- fulfill your requests for our products and services;
- pay Earnings;
- communicate with you about the status of your orders and other inquiries about our products and services;
- send you information about our products and services;
- for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits and so forth;
- help us create content that is most relevant to you; and
- provide notices about the results of sweepstakes, contest, and other promotions.
We use your email address to communicate with you about your account and to send you certain notification emails. You can change the frequency of those emails in your ShareUC account settings.
When you purchase products from the Site, we may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send marketing messages and notifications from time-to-time, whether or not you created an account with us. You may unsubscribe or change the frequency of email notifications on the Account Settings page in "My Account." If you email a product to a friend or refer a friend to the Site or our promotions, we will use your friend's email address to send them the e-mail you requested. Your friend's e-mail addresses will only be used for this purpose, unless permission is otherwise granted. ShareUC does not store this information. Your friend may contact us at Law@ShareUC.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
We use non-personally identifiable information to monitor the use and performance of the Site so that we can learn more about how people use the Site, which information helps us improve our products and services and significantly enhance your experience on our Site.Does ShareUC disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
- If you sign up for a promotion (e.g., a contest or sweepstakes offer) or enroll in a service we offer in partnership with a third party, we may provide information (such as your name, email address, and account activity) to such third parties.
- ShareUC provides its Designers with the first name and city/state/country of residence of ShareUC customers who have purchased such Designer's products. ShareUC may also release information (including your name, addresses, telephone number, and account activity) when we, in our sole discretion believe that such release is necessary or appropriate to:
- comply with law;
- comply with subpoenas, warrants, court orders, government investigations, or other legal process;
- enforce or apply the provisions of any of our User Agreement or Policies;
- investigate or respond to allegations of fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other unlawful activity;
- investigate fraud or similar claims;
- protect the rights, property or safety of ShareUC, our users, or others;
- protect our operations; or
- permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
In the event that ShareUC is acquired by or merges with another company, ShareUC reserves the right to transfer, in connection with such acquisition or merger, all information we have collected from our users. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personally identifiable information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personally identifiable information.
ShareUC may disclose non-personally-identifiable information to third parties in aggregate form or to potential business partners and investors, in each instance in accordance with GDPR.
Children under the age of 13 may not use the Site.How can I change, delete, or update my information?
Most of your account information can be changed in the "My Account" section of the Site. If you have any questions about what information is stored or would like to obtain a copy of such information, please contact us at Law@ShareUC.com. After receiving proof of your identity, we will provide the information to you, and you may request that we delete or change any or all of the information. We will respond to your request to access within thirty (30) days of receipt.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.